Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Great Foster Adventure

My husband, Drew, and I have finally succumbed to our long-suppressed desire to become dog fosters. I have decided that a blog might effectively serve as both an outlet for and a chronicle of this journey. This is my first blog, so please bear with me.

We've always said to each other that we could never be fosters. There have always been a few different reasons for this stance, but the most glaring issues are:

1) Our dogs, Bunkin and Flea, would never tolerate another dog in the house; and
2) We'd become too attached to the foster dog and wouldn't be able to adopt out him/her.

Adding those points in with the idea of caring for three dogs, breaking our well-defined daily routine, and surely disrupting the hard-earned household peace we have finally achieved seems to point clearly to the fact that we'd be crazy to foster.

Well, then color us crazy...

No comments:

Post a Comment