Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Update on Cowboy Cody

Howdy, y'all! Here's you a quick update on our guy, Cowboy Cody!

Waiting patiently for foster daddy
Cowboy woke up yesterday morning feeling completely recovered from his neuter. We figured we'd better buckle up and brace ourselves for his full personality sans anesthesia. Guess what? He's a true gentleman! Cowboy is very mellow and just so sweet. He loves to give kisses and will stand loyally by your side all day. Drew went down to the basement to work out yesterday and Cowboy laid on the rug at the back door waiting for him the whole hour he was down there. It's still only been three days and I'm sure he'll open up more, but he is incredibly well-behaved and super docile. I think Oliver's even a little jealous that Cowboy's sneaking up on his title as "chillest of them all". We've also heard rumors that Bunkin has some competition for "most majestic of them all". Uh-oh! At least Flea's  confident he's still got the market cornered on "most cranktastic dastardly $%&!@ of them all".

I'm still blown away by how nonplussed everybody is by Cowboy. We were pretty nervous about how all the guys (except Oliver, of course) would react to a much larger male dog, but it's been completely peaceful. Nobody cares. It's almost as if this fostering thing is helping my guys learn how to roll with the punches...nah...couldn't be! Honestly though, it's smooth sailing around here, which is no small miracle!

Cowboy slept like an angel in his dog bed last night on the floor next to our bed. He was kind of sad that we wouldn't let him up on the bed with everyone else, but he accepted it pretty quickly and curled up like a good boy. Not a peep from him all night. He's definitely a cuddle bug. He politely asks if we'll let him sit on the couch with us or climb up on the recliner. When we say no, he just obeys. He's very smart, alert, and seems to read people really well. It took him all of two minutes to learn "sit". I didn't even have to teach him shake; I said "shake" for the very first time, held out my hand, and he put his paw right into it. I thought it was surely a fluke, so I did it again about 15 times. The guy's just smart.

I'm still trying to read Cowboy's personality and I think there's much more to see. He's mysterious, observant, quiet, gentle, and happy. Oh, I forgot HANDSOME. Yeesh, it's ridiculous! Here are a few of the adjectives people have used to describe him so far: beautiful, stunning, gorgeous, handsome, majestic, blah blah blah. Someone even said he looks like a doggy version of Ryan Reynolds! Somebody around here's going to develop a complex! See for yourselves; the photos say it all. He's purty and he sure knows it. 

I know it's still early to say, but I think he'd make a really great family dog. He's so loyal, respectful, and tuned in to his people. I think he'd do well with children. I know he does well with other dogs of all sizes. Not sure about cats, but we'll have him long enough that maybe we can test that. He's just a very cool guy. I can't wait to learn more about him so I have more to share! Stay tuned...I know I won't be able to resist posting more pictures for too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment