Friday, December 7, 2012

Oliver's Houndiversary

Exactly one year ago today, Drew and I brought Oliver home from DeKalb County Animal Services. He had been at the shelter for a year and 27 days. There are only a handful of dogs that the shelter staff has managed to hang onto for such a long time. Ollie was a staff favorite and I cannot adequately thank the caring people at DeKalb who gave him such an extended reprieve. I'm not going to rehash all the details of Oliver's story (if you don't know his whole story, check out my previous blog posts). I just want to make a quick little blurb about how much we love this gentle soul and how thankful we are that he is in our lives. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to the folks at the shelter, to Friends of Dekalb Animals for treating his heart worms, and to everyone who donated for his dental care/leg x-rays/arthritis care while we were fostering him. Happy Houndiversary, Oliver!


No comments:

Post a Comment